Sunday, April 29, 2012

Learning Japanese - Greeting



Hello peeps! Today we're going to learn a lil bit of Japanese words.. :-)

Ya, i know.. It's been quite some time i didn't post about my Korean and Mandarin.. But don't worry, i'll make sure that i post it soon.. Heheh..

Lets start..

Good Morning
Ohayo gozaimasu (oh-hai-yoe go-za-mahss)

- Unlike the English "Good Morning", which can be used right up until lunchtime, ohayo gozaimasu is normally only said when you meet someone first thing in the morning, up until about 11am.

Good Afternoon
Konnichi wa (kone-nee-chee-wah)

Good Evening
Konban wa (kome-bahn wah)

Thank you very much
Domo arigato (doe-moe ah-ree-gah-toe)

Pardon me / Excuse me / I'm sorry / Thank you
Sumimasen (sue-me-mah-sen)

- Because of its variety meanings, sumimasen is an extremely useful word. Use it liberally. It is often shortened to simasen.

Please (i)
Dozo (doe-zoe)

- This is one of the many words that means "please" in Japanese. Dozo is used in the sense of "please go first", "please continue" or "after you".

Please (ii)
Kudasai (koo-dah-sai)

- This word for "please give me" is almost never used by itself. Rather, it normally follows the command form of verbs as in tabete kudasai (tah-bay-tay koo-dah-sai), "please eat" or nonde kudasai (noan-day koo-dah-sai), "please drink". It also used with nouns to convey the meaning "please", as in "please bring me water" or "please hand me that".

I (i)
Watashi (wah-tah-she)

- There are several commonly used term in Japanese for the word "I", based on gender and other factors, but watashi is common and can be used by anyone in any situation.

I (ii)
Watakushi (wah-tock-she)

- Watakushi can be used by both men and women in formal as well as informal situations.

Wakarimasu ka? Heheh.. It mean, "Do you understand?".. :-))
That's all for now, shall continue next time.. Mata ne! (See you later!)..

6 comments:

  1. after this can make friend with japan friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is very easy to learn for beginners! ;) i'll be attending my first lesson next Friday! *excited*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Wah, what a smart choice.. :-) I just wanna wish you good luck and happy learning..!

      Delete