Sunday, April 29, 2012

Learning Japanese - Personal Noun

Guys.. O-genki desu ka? (oh-gen-kee dess kah).. It mean, "How are you?"..  =)
Shall we continue our learning today..? Okay, now we want to learn how to introduce ourselves to others..


To me
Watashi ni (Wah-tah-she nee)

- Ni (nee) is a grammatical particle that can indicate that the proceeding word is the indirect object of the action. In this instance ni changes "I" to "me" as in "to me" or "for me".

My / Mine
Watashi no (Wah-tah-she no)

- No (no) is a grammatical particle that can change what precedes it to the possessive case. In this example, adding no to watashi changes "I" to "my" or "mine".

We / Our, ours
Watashi-tachi (Wah-tah-she-tah-chee) / Watashi-tachi no (Wah-tah-she-tah-chee no)

- Adding -tachi (-tah-chee) to personal pronouns makes them plural.

Am / Is / Are
Desu (dess)

- Desu (dess) is a polite word without meaning, but can be thought of as functioning like the verb "to be" in English. They are essential for making correct, complete sentences in Japanese as the English "I am", "you are", "he is" and so forth.

Am not / Is not / Are not
De wa arimasen (day wah ah-ree-mah-sen)

Was / Were
Deshita (desh-tah)

Was not / Were not
De wa arimasen deshita (day wah ah-ree-mah-sen desh-tah)

Name
Namae (nah-my)

My name is Ry Ryn
Watashi no namae wa Ry Ryn desu (wah-tah-she no nah-my wah ry ryn dess)

- Wa (wah) is a grammatical particle used to indicate that the preceding word or words are the topic in a sentence.

My name is not Smith
Watashi no namae wa Sumisu de wa arimasen (wah-tah-she no nah-my wah sue-me-sue day wah ah-ree-mah-sen)

What
Nan (nahn) / Nani (nahn-nee)

You / Your, yours
Anata (ah-nah-tah) / Anata no (ah-nah-tah no)

- The word anata (ah-nah-tah) is normally best avoided, since it can convey inappropriate familiarity.

What is your name?
O-namae wa nan desu ka? (oh nah-my wah nahn dess kah)

- Ka (kah) at the end of a sentence makes it a question.

America person or America people
America-jin (ah-may-ree-kah-jeen)

I am America
Watashi wa America-jin desu (wah-tah-she wah ah-may-ree-kah-jeen dess)

Japanese person or Japanese people
Nihon-jin (nee-hone-jeen)

Are you Japanese?
Nihon-jin desu ka? (nee-hone-jeen dess kah)

I'm not Japanese
Watashi wa Nihon-jin dewa arimasen (wah-tah-she wah nee-hone-jeen day-wah ah-ree-mah-sen)

I'm Malaysian
Watashi wa mare-shia-jin desu (wah-tah-she wah mah-ray-she-ah-jeen dess)

We are British
Watashi-tachi wa Igirisu-jin desu (wah-tah-she-tah-chee wah ee-gee-ree-soo-jeen dess)

I am Canadian
Watashi wa Kanada-jin desu (wah-tah-she wah kah-nah-dah-jeen dess)

We are Australian
Watashi-tachi wa Osutoraria-jin desu (wah-tah-she-tah-chee wah oh-sue-toe-rah-ree-ah-jeen dess)

**That's all for today.. Mata ne! Hehehe...

No comments:

Post a Comment