Sunday, July 24, 2011

Learning Mandarin - Name, Age & Nationality

In this chapter we will learn more on how to introduce ourself to people..

Name

He / She - Ta
To be called - Jiao
What - Shen Me
Name - Ming Zi

Simple Sentence

What's your name?
Ni jiao shen me ming zi?

What's her / his name?
Ta jiao shen me ming zi?

My name is Jenny
Wo jiao Jenny

Age

Years old - Suay
Single - Dan Shen
Married - Jie Huen

Simple Sentence

How old are you?
Ni zhi suay?

I'm 25 years old
Wo er shi wu suay

I'm 30 years old
Wo san shi suay

I'm single
Wo dan shen

I'm married
Wo jie huen le

Nationality

Where - Na
Country - Guo
Be born in - Chu Sheng
Be in / at - Zai

Simple Sentence

Where are you from?
Ni shi na guo ren?

I was born in Shanghai
Wo chu sheng zai Shanghai

I'm Chinese
Wo shi Shanghai ren

Extra Words

Friend - Peng You
Introduce - Jie Shao
Let - Rang
Live - Zhu

Simple Sentence

Let me introduce
Rang wo lai jie shao

This is my friend, Nick
Zhe shi wo de peng you, Nick

He is American
Ta shi mei guo ren

Where do you live?
Ni zhu zai na li

I live in Penang
Wo zu zai Ping Chen

I'm from Malaysia
Wo shi cong Malaysia lai de

No comments:

Post a Comment